Supplier of the Year 2018
Continental Automotive Honors Outstanding Series Suppliers
At the end of July, Continental presented its best automotive suppliers worldwide with the "Supplier of the Year 2018" award in Regensburg. According to Continental, the winners were those who had made an "outstanding contribution to customer satisfaction" - at all levels: Quality, technology, commitment, costs and purchasing conditions.
Success is only possible in a team: this is the principle behind the annual award that Continental’s Automotive Group presents to its outstanding suppliers for their contribution. The recipients of the award are the top performers in a global network of some 900 strategic suppliers who provide the three divisions Chassis & Safety, Powertrain and Interior with around 140,000 different part numbers at the Automotive Group’s 100 or so production sites worldwide. In 2018, a total volume of around 157 billion components was processed. The Supplier of the Year Award reflects a comprehensive evaluation of the series suppliers and is given to those who have made an outstanding contribution to customer satisfaction at all levels – quality, technology, engagement, costs and purchasing conditions.
The 14 product categories are divided into six areas: Electronics, Electromechanics, Mechanics & Raw Material, Plastics & Rubber and Investment & Engineering Services, in addition to division-specific categories. These are the winners for the year 2018:
- Electronics: Nexperia (discretes), Infineon Technologies (electronics)
- Electromechanics: Leoni (cables, wiring harnesses), Wistron NeWeb (connectivity)
- Mechanics & Raw Material: SFS Group (forging assemblies), Teknia Manufacturing Group (turned parts)
- Plastics & Rubber: Ningbo Tianlong Electronics (functional plastic parts), Dow Customer Solutions (product-related auxiliaries)
- Investment and Engineering Services: Engel Austria (injection molding machines), Alten Engineering (engineering software/ hardware)
- Chassis & Safety division-specific solutions: Ningbo Sunny Automotive Optech (optical devices)
- Powertrain division-specific solutions: HES precision parts Hermann Erkert (powertrain turned parts)
- Interior division-specific solutions: Winhere Auto-Part Manufacturing (Aftermarket), Phillips Medisize, a Molex Company (decorative plastic parts)
In addition to the suppliers of the year, Continental Automotive also awards one company each year with the special Quality Award, which recognizes exceptional achievements in the field of quality improvement. Meiko Electronics (printed circuit boards) received the Quality Award 2018.
ZF also honored its best suppliers this year with the "ZF Global Supplier Summit". At GM, Nemak, as one of the leading providers of innovative lightweighting solutions for the global automotive industry, has already won the "Supplier of the year" award for the 15th time.
This article was first published by Automobilindustrie.
This article is protected by copyright. You want to use it for your own purpose? Contact us at support.vogel.de (ID: 46061107)