Metal 3D Printing
Desktop Metal Enables Fastest Metal Printer of the World
The world's fastest metal printer delivers the lowest cost per part with 225 % larger build envelope and a 50 % print speed increase to 12,000 cm3/hour.
In early 2019, Desktop Metal announced several major advancements and expanded capabilities to the Production System, the world’s fastest metal printer, delivering the lowest cost per part with the highest capacity of any metal 3D printing system available.
The first production system will be installed at the beginning of 2019 at a Fortune 500 company of Desktop Metal's early Pioneer customers. Further customer installations at major automotive, heavy duty and leading metal parts manufacturers will follow next year, and will be widely available in 2020.
“We are excited to provide the international engineering and design community with deeper insights into the power of the Production System with updated innovations and an extensive display of metal parts to be publicly shown for the first time this week,” said Ric Fulop, CEO and co-founder of Desktop Metal. “As we continue to expand our list of global customers and partners, companies that are turning to the game-changing technology available with the Production System, and installations set to begin rolling out in the coming months, Desktop Metal is looking to further shift the industry beyond prototyping to now include full scale metal manufacturing.”
Production System Developments
Powered by Single Pass Jettingätechnology, the Production System is the first metal 3D printing system for mass production that delivers the speed, quality, and cost-per-part needed to compete with traditional manufacturing processes. It is more than 4 times faster than any binder jet competitor and offers a 100 times speed improvement over any laser-based system. Since it was first introduced, advancements to the technology and capacity of the Production System have expanded to include:
- Accelerated printing speeds to 12,000 cm3 per hour, making it the fastest metal 3D printer in the world with the highest capacity
- The company’s flagship configuration now features an expanded build volume of 750 x 330 x 250 mm, a 225 % improvement, designed for higher throughput and efficiency
- Two full-width print bars, advanced powder spreaders and anti-ballistic system that work to spread powder and print in a single quick pass across the build area - making it the most sophisticated single pass inkjet printhead ever installed in a binder jet system
- Use of 32,768 piezo inkjet nozzles that enables the broadest range of binder chemistries to print an array of metals - including tool steels, low alloy steels, titanium, and aluminum - at a rate of 3 billion drops per second
- First and only binder jet system with an industrial inert environment, including gas recycling and solvent recovery, to safely print reactive metals in mass production
- Capability to print more than 60 kg of metal parts per hour
This article was first published by Desktop Metal.
This article is protected by copyright. You want to use it for your own purpose? Contact us at support.vogel.de (ID: 45629872)