Award Ceremony Die Casting Competitions: These are the Winners
On 14th January 2020, the winners of the Die Casting Competitions were announced at the award ceremony during EUROGUSS. The contests are held for the most important casting materials aluminum, zinc and magnesium and are conducted by the respective professional associations.
The aim of the die casting competition is to increase interest in the light metals and to demonstrate the performance and innovative strength of the participating foundries. The competition is intended to highlight the high quality, the wide range of possible applications and the potential of die casting.
International Aluminum Die Casting Competition
- 1st place: Oil-coolant module, Hengst SE
- 2nd place: Housing HV booster, Druckguss Westfalen GmbH & Co. KG
- 3rdplace: Upper part of housing for dual-channel EBS, Alupress AG
- 3rd place: Battery housing, Nemak Slovakia s.r.o
- „Special Commendations“: Housing components for electric-vehicle control device, Alupress AG
- „Special Commendations“: String inverter, FBL Pressofusioni srl
Read more about the winners of the International Aluminum Die Casting Competition here.
Magnesium Die Casting Competition
- 1st place: Magnesium Piston - Chainsaw, Andreas Stihl AG & Co, KG
- 2nd place: „High-Voltage“ Inverter HousingStolfig, Leichtbau Kompetenzzentrum GmbH
- 3rd place: Cockpit Cross Member with visible Surfaces, GF Casting Solutions
- 3rd place: Motorcycle Cylinder Head Cover, DGH Heidenau GmbH & Co. KG
- Special Technology Price: Newly developed environmentally friendly Sand System, Metallgießerei Stauss
- Special Technology Price: Newly developed environmentally friendly Sand System, Bindur GmbH
Zinc Die Casting Competition
- Sanitary Engineering: HDO Druckguß und Oberflächentechnik GmbH
- Locking technology: Groß Druckguss GmbH
- Medical Engineering: Dipl.-Ing. Siegfried Müller Druckguß GmbH & Co. KG
- Lifestyle: Heiligenstädter Reißverschluß GmbH & Co. KG
- Electrical Engineering: Georg Frank GmbH
- Automotive: Druckguss Westfalen Behringer GmbH & Co. KG
Read more about the Zinc Die Casting Competition here.