Quality Assurance New 3D Scanner for Quality Control in Manufacturing
Creaform, a global specialist in portable and automated 3D measurement solutions, unveiled the latest generation of the MetraSCAN 3D scanner. The optical CMM scanner has been specifically designed to perform metrology-grade 3D measurements and inspections — right on the production floor.
With 15 blue laser crosses, 4x more resolution, increased scanning speed, no warm-up time and ISO 17025 accredited factory calibration, the latest version of the MetraSCAN 3D is developed for demanding quality control applications right on the shop floor. The 3D scanner can be seamlessly integrated in any quality control, quality assurance, inspection, MRO, or reverse engineering workflow and operated by users of any skill level in any type of environment. The MetraSCAN BLACK dimensional metrology system has been developed to measure complex parts and assemblies from an array of industries and manufacturing processes, such as automobile, aeronautics, power generation, heavy industry, metal casting, metal forging, sheet metal, plastic injection, composites, etc.
High Performance and Speed for Optimized 3D Measurements
- 4x faster: Featuring 15 blue laser crosses for larger scanning area that take up to 1,800,000 measurements per second and live meshing, ultimately cutting down the time between acquisition and workable files.
- 4x resolution: MetraSCAN BLACK features a measurement resolution of 0.025 mm (0.0009 in) to generate highly detailed scans of any object.
- More accurate and traceable measurements: High accuracy of 0.025 mm, based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard and tested in a ISO 17025 accredited laboratory, ensures complete reliability and full traceability to international standards.
- Shop floor accuracy: The MetraSCAN BLACK features a unique and patented dynamic referencing that compensates for surroundings instabilities.
- Maximum versatility: Masters complex, shiny and highly detailed parts.
- No warm-up time: Operators can be up-and-running in minutes.
- Touch probing capability: When paired with the HandyPROBE, the MetraSCAN BLACK lets users harness the power of both 3D scanning and probing for a complete, streamlined inspection process.
- Two models: Customers can choose from two models based on their needs: speed, part complexity, accuracy, etc.
“Today’s manufacturers are facing tremendous challenges. They are under increased pressure to accelerate their time to market in order to remain competitive on the global scale. Product quality issues impact scrap rate, production ramp-up, production rate, and downtime, ultimately affecting production costs and overall profitability. Manufacturers need to rely on innovative 3D measurement technologies, like the MetraSCAN 3D, in order to refine their product development and quality control processes,” explained Guillaume Bull, Product Manager at Creaform. “This new version of the MetraSCAN 3D takes dimensional measurement speed, accuracy and versatility to a whole new level. We believe manufacturers will appreciate its performance within their workflows.”